Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Kiera Raine


This weekend we celebrated Kiera's 2nd Birthday with  a Snow White themed party. What a magical day we had celebrating with friends, it was better attended than I had thought/ hoped but what do you when everyone has multiple children I think we ended up with 13 children total. 
 I made caramel apples using honey instead of sugar, an apple spice cake and my German Grandmother made an apple strudel, we served apple cider and apple spice tea, keeping with the apple theme.









I knitted her a white dress with red rose accents and ribbons, felted a matching birthday crown and made her a Snow White doll to match.


I also needle felted a Snow White mobile to hang above the picnic table.


The children took home their dwarf hats, a needle felted apple and these little medicine bags that had a peg doll forest spirit inside.  Each child choose their own bag hanging on the Camellia Tree.





We also wet felted magic rocks with the children this was a perfect activity to keep both the older children and little ones entertained.


 I wish I had taken a better photo of her cake, it was actually very simple, so simple I feel in love with it, it was a gluten free cake mix from Namaste foods, that I followed their instructions for creating apple spice cake (basically add apple sauce and grated apples) then baked cinnamon apples to trim the top with and then covered with a glaze.  I thought it was beautiful!


We concluded the party with a Snow White puppet show and lighting a few sparklers.  We could not have hoped for a more perfect day.


No comments:

Post a Comment