Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Last Weeks Knits

A dear friend and I went on an adventure last Thursday to find a "local" yarn shop, Holly Spring Homespun.   We got rather lost and it ended up taking us three hours to get there (only about an hour to get home).  Luckily the drive was beautiful with all of the leaves changing on the trees.

I bought 4 skeins of Malabrigo Rios for $13.50 a skein.  I was able to knit a simplified Milo vest (with no cable pattern) and a Pickles Plain Vest with the first two skeins and had a fair amount of yarn left.  Not bad at all for merino wool.  The Pickles vest came out a little snug, I think I need to break down and order the next size up pattern.



I was excited for the kids to be able to wear them but we were  hit with an 80 degree heat wave before I could finish Kiera's.  I was able to snap a few pictures of Eoghan wearing his on our Nature Walk.


Our neighbor has a cute face on his tree that the kids love to stop and talk to.

All tired out and turning into a pumpkin himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment