Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Keep Calm Craft On

Linking with Nicole at Frontier Dream's Keep Calm Craft On, here are a few photos of what I completed this week and what I have started.  I finished up Eoghan's Yule blanket.  

I am not sure why, but this blanket took me over a month to complete.  Its just a simple pattern: cast on 40 stitches, knit 80 rows bind off then whip stitch the squares together and trim with a blanket stitch around the edges. Easy peasy!  However it proved to be one of the slowest moving projects I have undertaken in knitting.  

As with most homemades the amount of time invested and the money for the materials far exceeded the investment of a store bought blanket.  However I love that I will be wrapping my sweet baby up in a blanket where each stitch is infused with Mama's love, warmth, and protection.  I had originally planned on doing 16 squares, but due to feeling the holiday crunch I opted for 9 squares, which I think worked out nicely as this yarn is actually quite heavy and I do want him to be able to carry the blanket around with him easily.




Here it is all wrapped up and ready to go under our Yule Tree.



Here are the beginings of the same pattern blanket in shades of pink for Kiera, i was able to almost complete two squares yesterday so I think this one will be a little faster going.



Now off to check out all the wonderful links at Frotnier Dreams to see what everyone else is working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment