Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy Saint Nicholas Day!

We have been telling the story of Saint Nicholas at bedtime all week, tonight after I finished telling them the story I asked the littles if they would like to but their shoes out and see if Saint Nicholas would leave them a special treasure too.  I have to admit I was actually surprised at how well they understood they both took their shoes to the back door, and attempted to put them outside but I convinced them they could go on the welcome mat.


Saint Nicholas came!  He left a clementine, a fruit leather, some honey sticks and a sweet little gnome peg doll in a stocking.

I used the free pattern at Wee Folk Art to craft these little guys.


We will bake cookies today and go deliver them to friends in celebration of Saint Nicholas.  Wishing everyone a beautiful celebration filled with warmth and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment