Tuesday, January 15, 2013
I had a 50% off coupon for our local craft store, so I decided to try my hand at a word burning tool. I have never been a great artist and I do not have a steady hand but the tool ended up costing $8. I figured I would have a go at it.
I found it a bit hard to work with, and my designs came out um....primitive shall we say? But I had fun and I think the gnomes came out really cute.
First, I burned the designs, then water colored their bodies, and then sealed them with beeswax before gluing on their acorn or felt hats. I think these will make sweet little Valentine's Day gifts for the children in our Playgarden and will provide some good practice for me. I also listed them in my Etsy shop almost at cost, to reflect that these are practice gnomes, but I think I made them affordable enough that someone could actually hand these out instead of paper Valentines. If you are interested I am selling the acorn capped gnomes for .75 cents each to my Blog readers and Facebook friends, when you purchase 20 or more. Just send me a message on Etsy.